View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Anyone offer a lil help? 

Post Anyone offer a lil help?
Don't worry this isn't one of those "I know nothing but have a really cool idea if you do all the work I'll split the profits with you." posts.

I do have a rough idea of what I want to do what I'm looking for are just a few pointers if someone could spare the time? I know a little php, have worked with databases, (mostly data recovery), I know some action script, and am familiar with Liberty Basic, (showing my age with that one lol).

What I'd like to do is create a game something on the order of a Cyber Nations, Civilization, Democracy, Super Power II, hybrid. I envision a browser based turn style game but even that isn't set in stone. I got some of the VTC php videos so I have a rudimentary understanding of php. It's not too far off of action script from what I have seen thus far just allot more things you do with it.

So if anyone could impart any wisdom on me that they have discovered during authoring there own game I'd be most grateful. Again I'm not looking for anything more than some advice, I don't really want anything more at this time this is my baby and I plan to run with it if someone could be so kind as to point the way?

ty,

Dav

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:44 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]