View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Book suggestions? 

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on good PHP books. I have a fair working knowledge of the language thus far just from reading stuff online. I'm in the middle of a couple of projects right now and I'm finding that as things get more complex its getting more confusing. As in, I'm doing allright building all of the little pieces, but, I'm not too sure I'm assembling them all in the best way. I'd like a book that will help me learn more about an Object Oriented approach to programming with PHP as well as some of the more advanced stuff with the language in general. Other than HTML, CSS and my growing knowledge of PHP and mySQL, I don't really have any programming experience to speak of. The PHP Cookbook on the book list here looks like it would be a good book to have and I might pick that up, I just wasn't sure how much it would teach about structuring the overall application in an OOP approach.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Mike

Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:46 pm
Report this post
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]