View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Edit & Debug PHP page 

Hi all, I'm new with web design and programming and now learning php. My background is C++ with Microsoft .NET stuff but never web app.

I've been playing with Zend. One of the most expensive and, I thought, the most features too. But I still have yet to find a way I can create web page like I create GUI with .NET.You know, I create a GUI (maybe 3rd party software) and the software creates the skeleton for me to put my code in.

Another is debugging. How do you do interactive debugging? ie, I would set a breakpoint, run a php page, the page is displayed, I click on a link/button so I can stop at the breakpoint. With Zend, it seems once a page is displayed the debugger stops. And a click to a link will not get me back to the code. Also, the HTML view is nothing like IE view.

I tried Dreamweaver but I didn't start from a blank page. I started with Mediawiki files. It looks awfull. Dream shows almost no graphics and a bunch of php boxes.

My question is, is Zend the software to do thing the way I do in .NET? Is there a 3rd party software that creates page graphically with blank spaces to fill codes in? And debug like you debug C++ code?

Or maybe this is not how PHP programmers do it and I should learn this the "PHP way??"?

Thank you all in advance for any advice...

ST

Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:47 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]