View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Experienced PHP coder for long term contract 

Are you experienced in PHP and have 30+ hours per week for a few months to get stuck into some diverse projects?

I'm growing a training and consultancy company, and requires a very good PHP coder.

Ideally on a monthly retainer basis for the longer term. This is initially a full time or near full time role. After a few months it 'may' become less time demanding. Challenge includes budgetary constraint, so if you're UK based or live in a big USA city, I'm unlikely to be able to afford your rates :( (though I'm sure from experience that you're worth it and more)

Telecommute/work from home, so you require all your own infrastructure, incl good broadband connection.

Good communication skills are a must - have created a doc that talks about my values and I'd like to discuss with you if we decide it's a fit on the work requirement front). This includes good English skills. Will invest in and develop the right person, (have great English language/grammar progs/audios to share for this).

Need to evolve a custom written backoffice, which dynamically drives most of the site. This includes custom CMS and client booking system complete with electronic invoicing.

Need to use our/similar Project management methodology to manage project tasks and work with others when necessary.

Need an eye for detail, to check your own code rigorously, to test the sites. Will be creating new sites from common shared backoffice backbone, with many shared pages and features/functionality, so it can be pretty complex.

Am London based for 2006, moving to Sydney from 2007.

Need to work on the following projects (to start with):
- Complete the migration across hosts. You'll have guidance from a pro developer who knows the infrastructure well, as well as from the client. Testing of sites. Great intro to learn how it all hangs together. Shouldn't prove too challenging.
- Rolling out captcha for security of all sites.
- Choosing and customising an open source quiz/exam/profiling tool for client use. Doing the same for a backend reporting tool of the results from this.
- Choosing and setting up / configuring an open source newsletter emailing prog.
- Developing and configuring existing custom written in-house SEO tools for use by an Indian team. Additionally need the config of an open source crawler for our needs (probably aspseek.org).
- Choosing and customising an open source shopping cart prog.
- Adding and evolving various features, including: site search, article rating and user rating and feedback/commentary, user forum, and more.
- Regular update of various areas.

Preferable that you have good sysadmin skills, and are comfortable with Shell/SSH, making changes to Apache config. (If not, I can have a server side person work with you on this)

Require you to have latest PHP skills (preferably 5.) and write secure code.

Preferable if you are working as an independent contractor or a small team of contractors. If you have a full time job, this is unlikely to work out (from experience).

Still reading? Then email across your CV and why you think our working together will be a good idea.

Calum
negotiationtraining (dot) com (dot) au

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:42 am
Report this post

Post PHP Programmer
Good day!
I would like to apply for the job you are offering. I have 6 years experience in web development and I have a group of web developers who can also work with me. I have developed a number of web applications ranging from E-Commerce, Content Management System, Portal, Intranet Kiosk, Online News Management, Inventory System and Accounting and Billing System.
In case you are interested I can email you my detailed resume/portfolio.
Thank you!

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:24 am
Report this post

Post Please check your mail
Hello Calum

I've filled the contact form at
negotiationtraining (dot) com (dot) au
Please email me to andre AT qarea
dot com and I'll provide you by my powerfull resume
I'm sure I'm a developer whom you need :p

Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:44 am
Report this post