View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Field Advice 

Post Field Advice
Good evening,

I am a newbie trying to build a simple time booking application that can do the following:

A user comes onto the site and wants to see if the photographer is available on a certain date. They enter their date, the php queries the database to see if the photographer has entered that date in his already booked dates list. If the date is available, the application returns a success message and provides a form for the user to fill out which ONLY emails the photographer, it does NOT enter or reserve a date into a database. If the date is taken, then the application gives a "sorry" message.

So now my questions. What fields do I need in my MySQL database for this to work. I am not dealing with times, just days. So a month, a day number and a year. Do I just use one field? Or do I use a field for each of those things plus a unique id number.

Thanks for the time you have taken to read this, any help would be much appreciated.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:13 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]