View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Local Server 

A a newbie I just wanna learn the basics of PHP. But I have a dial-up connection so, it is a problem for me to check my PHP codes in a web server. :unsure:

Is there a way to set up a local server which behaves as a local server that supports PHP contents? :blink:
If yes, can you tell me how it could be?

Thanks.. ;)

ismet

Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:51 am
Report this post

I set up a apache web server and PHP 4.3.7 windows binary. :rolleyes: They seem working properly. B) The main point that I haven't understood is how to integrate our php files with that server etc. :huh:

For example, in one of the installation step, Apache asks for a server address (like someone.net). <_< Does it mean that we have to be connected when using it? :o I want to learn PHP without connecting to internet. Is it possible? If yes, how ? :blink:

On the other hand, I created a file called "hello.php". :P How can I open and use it through my computer in order to see the output of my codes? Internet Explorer doesn't open it locally, but if I try it in a web site that supports PHP, it shows lots of information that is related to codes. :unsure:

Sorry for my poor knowledge. Can you help me step by step, please ? :(

Thanks again..

Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:55 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]