View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 OpenSource Based FTP Client PHP editor 

New to Linux and PHP. I'm loving learning about PHP but file transfer to the server on my Linux OS is getting tedious. Is there any PHP editors which are Freeware for Linux OS which offer integrated FTP Client interface packaged? Many windows products offer this like PHP expert editor, Dreamweaver, many many others.

Zend Studio and Komodo are the only Linux based PHP editors that I have found which offer integrated FTP interfacing--which is so nice for my carpal tunnel. haha. But of course you must pay for Zend and Komodo which is not so nice for my frozen yogurt addiction! (btw, Zend is so much easier to install on Linux than Komodo that I almost cried tears of JOY..bad Dragon bad)

"without walls and fences who needs windows or or gates" unknown

thanks in advance for your suggestions. if none so be it! Zend it is. :blink:

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:29 pm
Report this post

jEdit is a cross platform SourceCode editor, i think it is the best ever editor (tried komodo and zend of course, and it beats the crap out of them). You need a java machine to run jEdit, i've tried it with Linux and it works great.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:47 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]