View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 PHP-Nuke Module: Name-The-Game 

Do you think that there's is a need for a PHP-Nuke game called Name-The-Game?
You may select 1 option

View results

PHP-Nuke Module: Name-The-Game 

Here's the idea: Make a new game for PHP-Nuke called Name-The-Game (or Name-That-Game).

Where:

- let the user choose from categories (EX: Spectrum games, PC Games, Classic games, New games, etc)
- we would display a picture of a ongoing game from the category the user choose.
- give user 3/5 choices of game name's
- give user points for choosing the right answer and showing him more info (or not) about that game (a link/text/etc)
- Collect information about game played (so that user doesnt play same game again)
- Collect points for every user
- List rankings
- Randomly selecting game from available (MySQL) games questions
- Some sort of timer that doesnt allow the user to take more than 30 seconds to answer the question
- not letting the user uses "back" to choose another random picture/game
- Show the user the percentage (%) of already answered questions for that particular game, like: "20 users already played this game, of which 10% were right and 90% were wrong"
- Give information to the users after answer if his answer was wrong or right, with the possibility (through config file) to show him the correct answer or not, this so that he can later (when no more games are available) he can play the ones that he got wrong in the first try.
- some sort of Name-The-Game block, where the user could see the top5 users, and the total amount of games in database, and the overall (%) of games played and respective % of right and wrong answers.

I know this way to much information but im very interested in doing this, but unfortunatly im more of a Visual Basic guy, and im just starting to read the PHP manual this week, so until i get something worth while done, it will take so time, but i will believe me.

I just need everyone's help, and taking the oportunity to sugest this sort of game to the PHP-GAME contest of this site.

Thanks for the time,
RootShell

PS: should you want to contribute, or provide more ideas, please contact me (rootshell@netcabo.pt)

Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:20 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]