View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Webuilder 2006 

Post Webuilder 2006
It's strange nobody here seems to know it..WEBUILDER 2006 try at http://www.blumentals.net.

It's without doubt THE PERFECT EDITOR! it integrates PHP-ASP-Javascript-XHTML editor (with internal preview, collapsable portions of text, coloring of text, completing of PHP instructions etc), CSS complete visual editor, FTP integrated, SQL editor integrated! it'all in one..for me is numbe rone!

Wed May 10, 2006 1:55 am
Report this post

Post Perfect editor???
Well, I would not say it was a "perfect" editor. The FTP functions are a real pain, for example. It makes it almost unusable for me, in fact.

[correction]
After looking at WeBuilder a bit more, I found I was totally wrong! The FTP functions are as good as anything else out there, and better than some. Thank you to those who pointed out where I was going wrong [kneighbour]

But the other stuff looks prretty good, I have to admit.

Sun May 21, 2006 5:30 pm
Report this post

the ftp functions? i foind them very easy! for example, you can open a file from a FTP using the menu command FILE->OPEN FROM FTP, and click on the ave button to save that file again of ftp...more asy of so, is impossible...

Mon May 22, 2006 11:52 am
Report this post

the ftp functions? i foind them very easy! for example, you can open a file from a FTP using the menu command FILE->OPEN FROM FTP, and click on the ave button to save that file again of ftp...more asy of so, is impossible...

Yes - this is just what I found too. But this is useless if you are editing a large number of files in a number of folders. It is simply too slow! Quite unusable.

But as someone else pointed out - there is a full FTP browser built into the File Explorer. And that is just fine - just what I wanted and it makes Webuilder quite usable now. I just wish I had seen that function a bit sooner.

Mon May 22, 2006 9:58 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]