View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What would be the best type of game? 

i was thinking about trying out a game design but was wondering what other peoples opinions would be on what type. I know i want to do a strategy game but what sort of settiing? do people prefer moden day, space or fantasy?

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:37 pm
Report this post

The one you are most interested in. It doesn't matter if the game you create is the most popular period or just monkey wars. If it's well put together people will play it. But you will not finish it, if it's something you are not interested in yourself. The kind of time it takes to build a game, you can't devote yourself to something like that without a desire.

Just my 2 cents.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:18 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW

that is a very vaild point. But i like any style and cant decide. sucks...

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:29 am
Report this post

Then start it generic. Much of the scripting can be done without having an idea of what genre you are doing. i.e. battles, spies, supplies, land, construction etc.. All are required for medieval, current, space aged. Then use a simple database to input the information such as; unit types, unit names, etc. etc.

Then once you have an idea where you want to go with it you can get more specific. Or you could look at sourceforge and find out what projects you can help with. Or volunteer with the many projects here. Just find one you like. I have had the experience of not really enjoying working on a project and you don't keep up with it. Not fair to you, the people you are working with or the people who may be waiting on the game.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:55 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]