View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Which Editor Fits my Needs? 

Hi, Im looking for a new php editor, currently using zend, and occasionally dreamweaver, however a feature seems to be missing (that I would like anyway) - the ability to colour text within the editor (not just have 1 colour for comments, but i could use different colours for different comments) - this would make it easier to scan code quickly.

Anyway, doesnt matter about price etc, Im looking for an editor that can do the following:

1)allow me to work on files directly on the remote server (have an explorer type sidebar thingy like in dreamweaver / send)
2)colour thingy as above
3)decent extended find and replace (in say a directory)

Ive not seen anything about a feature such as 2), but does anybody know of an editor that fulfills these criteria (save me spending forever trying to find these features in one package)

thx for any help
bob

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:03 am
Report this post

i'm looking for an editor wich have also an autobackup like homesite 5.5, do you know any?

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:11 pm
Report this post

It have the highlighting described, autobackup, and almost all of the features the expensive editors have. And it's totally free.
Needs some more memory because it is written in java (this should not make you sceptic!) it is not simply the best editor, but it the best programme ever written in java :)
You have to use some time to custumize it to suit your needs, but i can assure you it is possible to do whatever you want from it.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:45 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]