Go here to view the PHPed Review page >>
award winning PHP IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for PHP, provides
a flexible, easy-to-use platform for developing web sites using PHP, Perl, Python,
functionality for debugging code, publishing projects to remote servers through
FTP and WebDAV, working with SOAP servers, and integrating with repository-based
code management systems such as CVS. PHPEd is suitable for multiple developers
and very large projects.
NuSphere PHPEd is included as a component
of NuSphere PHPEd Advantage with upgrades and efficient, responsive support
for a whole year.
NuSphere PHPEd includes a number of enhanced
functionalities that will increase your flexibility and productivity in creating
dynamic web applications.
Essential NuSphere PHPEd links:
Features that are necessary to notice:
- The new project manager with more comfortable structure,
functionality and design.
- Now Project Manager structure is different, all projects
are related to WorkSpaces, one WorkSpace can have few Projects.
- You can publish whole project, folders or files using
shortcut or context menu of project manager.
- CVS (SSH+CVS) – new project structure is very comfortable
to work using CVS, now users will be less confused about CVS. Project structure
will be exactly same as it is on server.
- Compatibility – all old project files are automatically
converted to new structure without loss of any data. New project manager became
more comfortable and simple.
Color-Coding Text in NuSphere
PHPEd comes with a predefined color
and C++). When you view your HTML or PHP code in the Editor area, you will find
that particular parts of your syntax are displayed in colors. Colors can be
set for white spaces, strings, comments, numbers, variables, HTML tags, executable
code, delimiters, reserved words, and the like.
Running and Debugging Files
NuSphere PHPEd allows you to quickly
find syntax and logic errors in your code, and provides powerful functionality
for stepping through code, setting breakpoints, and watching variables. The
debugger can be run in three different modes: in CGI mode which uses the local
PHP engine to parse .php files without a web server; in local HTTP mode which
debugs code through PHPEd's internal web server; or in remote HTTP mode which
debugs code on an external web server, such as Apache, that may be located locally
NuSphere automatically configures
all PHP interpreter information for you when you first install the NuSphere
Tech Platform, so if you have not altered the default server configuration,
you should be able to run and debug PHP scripts immediately.
Functionality – In PHPEd Settings
-> Debugger tab – in Debugger Mode dropdown is added 1 more line – HTTP mode
(remote web server), if Debugger Mode has this choice then all debugging will
take action at remote server that is pointed in Project settings.
Managing Code Using CVS
CVS is a version control system that
you can install from the NuSphere Technology Platform. CVS gives you the capability
to record source file histories, and to save and retrieve software versions.
CVS is useful to control development of code when multiple people are working
on the same project. In addition to providing a CVS client and CVS access via
PHPEd, NuSphere provides an installable CVS server if you do not already have
one configured at your site.
Use of CVS with PHPEd is optional.
Publishing Projects Using FTP
NuSphere PHPEd provides FTP and WebDAV
support so you can upload and download scripts and files to one or more FTP
or WebDAV servers. You can define where and how files are uploaded when you
set up the properties for your project. You can upload a project, a group of
files, or a single file.
NuSOAP Wizard generates php code
to get data from SOAP Based Servers, This is really helpful tool to work with
Now PHPEd Design became more comfortable
and got more professional look. Help Tips, Hints and PHP function help became
more powerful. There where a lot of bugs fixed and now PHPEd became more stable.
In PHPEd 3.1 settings got a lot of new features, such as debugging in the external
browser and pointing to the php help manual that will be automatically parsed
and poped up when known function is used. PHPEd debugging now supports up to
PHP 4.3.1 and has more stable engine including DBG and SRV Engines.
Key features of NuSphere PHPEd 3.2 include:
- Available on Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Native support for the PostgreSQL and MySQL databases.
Python, C++, and other programming languages in one editing environment.
- Performs delimiter matching, book marking, find and
replace, clipboard, and variable and function pop-up hints.
- Provides color-coded statements and variables.
- Lets you easily view MySQL tables, and modify and update
tables using forms generated with the database forms wizard.
- Allows you to execute scripts and pass parameters within
the editor and see the results either as HTML or as a browser.
Integrated Code Debugger
- Easily and quickly find syntax and logic errors.
- View PHP, HTML, and browser output, as well as watching
global, local, and immediate variables.
- Remote debugging of code on external servers.
- Profiles performance of code.
- Lets you see where code runs slowly.
- Tracks code execution time per hit, number of hits,
and total time.
- Charts and compares total execution time against time
Integrated Web server
- Support for URL mapping.
- Integrated Web browser.
- Integrated Web search utility.
- Tracks, stores, and recommends variable names and uses
them when needed.
- Tags can be auto completed and auto closed.
- Suggests context-sensitive HTML tags and parameters.
- Suggests functions and provides context-sensitive help
- Code templates and scripts speed creation of common
- Fully customizable.
- Workspace functionality allows you to work on multiple
- Each project has its own set of files and folders, and
its own code management and publishing settings.
- Provides CVS feature to check code in and out of repositories.
- WebDAV permits file-locking to ease multi-programmer
- Browse and edit databases without leaving PHPEd.
- Test and execute SQL queries and statements.
- Create forms to view, modify, and update database tables
using the automated Wizard.
- Cut and paste table names into code.
Easily generate PHP script for calling SOAP services.
- Built-in WebDAV client lets you coordinate file publishing
with other developers.
- Built-in FTP client lets you quickly retrieve and place
files on remote servers.
- Easy to coordinate local projects with remote web sites.